Our Yoga Classes are taught in either heated or not heated environments. You may choose one that suits your comfort.
- Eat lightly, if at all, before a yoga class. Give yourself an hour to digest any food.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to stretch with out constriction.
- Be respectful of people’s sensitivities; please no perfume – especially in the hot yoga room..
- Bring a mat and towel to class. We also have mats for your use.
- Leave shoes and all belongings in the changing room.
- You may want to bring water with you.
We treat our students with respect and honor your safety. You will be asked on your first visit to fill out a waiver and information sheet. It is helpful for the yoga instructors to know if you are being challenged in any physical or emotional ways. This information is kept confidential.
- Please know this is your class and you are not required to do anything that feels uncomfortable. Your instructor will advise you of ways to find comfort should you choose not to do certain poses.
- Our instructor’s are available after each class to answer any questions or concerns.
- You do not need to be flexible to attend a yoga class. We are here to de-stress and stretch out kinks and tightness. Don’t stress, have fun, and enjoy your time.
- Sometimes students do not like being adjusted in a pose. Let the teacher know if today is one of those days.
We are here at the Whitman Wellness Center to help you center into your wellness.